Thursday, October 18, 2012

Well, that didn't work out well....

Once a month, I go to the council meetings for my little town.
and I also got involved in their committee as they are updating their Zoning policies.  I represent John Q. Public. When they get done, they will present it to the public. So for now they are a draft, not set in stone.  It has been quite a long journey as we have a consultant helping muddle thru all the rules, regs, and Idaho laws, and still keep it a small town that we love to live in. There is so much involved, you can’t believe it.  What seems like it should be common sense, has to be defined well, so no one can find a loophole to slide thru. So there is not only the policies themselves but also the definitions for those words, in them.

So I thought last night was one of those meetings. And I was in the mood to start doing some of my Christmas cooking. And cookies was the agenda for me for the day. And because I had so many things going, I decided to drink a couple cups of coffee so I wouldn’t be tired for the meeting. 

At 5:55pm, I headed out the door, extra cookies in hand for the crew, and arrived to an empty parking lot. Uh, oh..not a good sign. So ask about the meeting.. was told …no, not until the 24th.

So there I was.. WIDE AWAKE!!... read some, talked to galpal until 10… and still WIDE AWAKE!!!... That didn’t work out well….

What to do, ok.. have another cookie recipe I was going to work on, but then I had been thinking about an old recipe that my mother use to use years ago. A recipe of some food I have never seen on a menu, or even had at a friends.. and I have never made them. In fact, I haven’t heard anyone mention them for years… not since I left home. Have you ever heard of Chicken Croquettes? 

I thought I could make them us and then cook them tonight. Only trouble with this, is… I don’t recall particular liking chicken croquettes as a kid… but my taste have changed over the years… wonder….will the King like these things. He hates it when I get creative.  But in all fairness, I am not making up this recipe. Well, heck, I will give it a try.

No comments: