Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I need a rainy day or two...

In fact I need about 3 rainy days in a row…

 

My reading is getting behind.. I don’t worry too much about it, as I have this winter when the weather won’t allow me outside. But it would be nice to catch up on some of the current affairs. The rest can wait.

 

Then yesterday, I got a notice of a new magazine. Which I need like a hole in my head.. (no, I don’t already have one, friends).  Usually, I grind up the address area and throw the book, and card away.. But this one struck my fancy.  For the life of me I don’t know why, as I have down sized my cook books from over 200 to about 20 or less. But this
has some good ideas. It isn’t so much about cooking as it is the other things around cooking.. which measuring cup is best for liquids or solids.. there actually is a better one for each. And other ideas.

 

So I am not only going to subscribe, (they offered me a deal I couldn’t refuse) But also going to get a subscription for my gal pal for Christmas…

 

So what is the name of this magazine.. Cook’s Illustrated. I use to watch the guy on PBS Create (that is one of the things I miss about changing from antenna to satellite. He did Test Kitchen.. which I really like watching.

 

So if you don’t mind.. I am putting in an order of 3 days of rain, please.
The farmers should be happy, and if it includes snow in the hills and mountains, then the hunters will be happy too.

 

Which brings me to the King… he will be out there at the crack of dawn with his hunting buddies… but this year he is only doing open season day and weekends… Now how am I going to get a project going in that short of a time. Dang..  I usually have at least a week.  J  

No comments: