Monday, April 03, 2017

Who are these singers?

I use to listen to the radio all the time, when I was younger.
Even as a married person, I listen to the radio.  It was
my background noise, so to speak. It also made the day
to listen and sing along. (when by myself) . Also listen
when I drove.

Now days, it is rare that I have the radio on.. and almost
as rare to have it on in the car.  The tv has become the
background noise.

Also I use to have over 200 albums.. the LP records type.
And later got the 8 track and then the cassettes. Then
a few cds.  But haven’t bought a cd in about 10 years.
I play what I have.. 1960 and 70’s music.. on rare occasions.
usually in the summer when I have a radio outside on the table while I am working.

I was reading the paper on Saturday, April 1, 2017,
And they had 3 of the acts coming for August for
the music festival.  I looked at their names and faces,
and I got to tell you.. I don’t have a clue who they are.
Also when I had the radio on with the windows open
on Friday…  I had not a clue who the singers were,
AND I never heard of the songs.  Nothing that I could
sing along with, for sure.. Needless to say, I don’t watch
the music award shows.. not even the country awards,
as I only know about 4 of the signers and they are over
50.


Who are these singers.. am I that much out of sync? 

No comments: