Friday, January 30, 2009

And the race of price is on...

Here we go again, gas prices.
I knew it was coming as my sister in
S.C. and my brother in R.I. both told of
high gas prices there for some time.
R.I. is running $1.69 to $1.79 and
S.C. has had those prices since before
Christmas.

Now our prices are starting up over
$1.61 up here in our area. And
we haven't even got close to tourist
seasons.

What I don't understand is why?
Gas, we are told is selling for $33
a barrel. So what is with the price
rises?

I know a lot of the companies are
laying off their employee's. Mostly
because people aren't buying. But
the thing is, with so many losing their
jobs, or the possibility of it coming soon
to them. Everyone is trying to hang on to
their money, so they can buy the
necessities.

I know my theory is:
If I can't eat it, wear it, or have it shelter me,
then I am not buying it.

1 comment:

PinkAcorn said...

Here in Ca (sshhh) it's $2.14 for regular !!!!! Costco is $2.00.