Monday, January 26, 2009

Watching Howie Mandel in Howie we do it.....
reminds me of the time I was working in the nursing
home. I had this gentleman on the toilet. While I was
waiting for him to do his thing... I was thinking of what
could I dress up for Halloween.

I had a glove in my hand....and I thought...
Howie Mandel did a thing where he put a glove on
his head and somehow got it blew up so he looked
like a rooster. So if I could figure out how to get
the glove blown up, I could go as a rooster for
the Halloween party the job had.

So there I am, sitting on the gentleman's bed,
looking in to see if he is ok, (door ajar) and I put
the glove on my head. I got it down over my nose,
but that is as far as I could get it to go... Could not
get it to my mouth... So here I am, glove on head,
blowing for all I am worth..... thru my nose, trying
to get the glove to fill up... I would blow until I was blue,
and then take a breath.... but the air would come back out.
So I would blow until I was blue again, then hold my
nose so the air wouldn't go out, and breathed thru my
mouth for more air.

My second attempt at this, my partner walks in to the
room, looks at me.. ask me what the hell was I doing,
and as I tried to explain, she fell against the wall and
down the wall with laughter, pointing at the gentleman
on the toilet, who was hanging on to the sink beside him..
laughing until he was crying.as he had seen it all from
the beginning......

I was the joke of the place for quite some time...
with questions of how is your rooster coming? have
you blown your brains out yet... hey, Cis you look a
little blue... are you still blowing up gloves???
Hey, Cis, I would give you a hand for your rooster
idea, but the gloves are wet...

No comments: