Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Some lives....

I think I have an ok, life.. I have simple needs, so life is good.
I have a roof over my head.. and it is paid for.. I have all the
food I need. I have a car that takes me from point A to point B.
My husband has a good job… I like my house, and my life.

But I found out, that I guess I am pretty boring…
I got in the email, from my old high school, a questionnaire.
It has the usual general stuff.. where you live, how many children
Do you have, grandchildren.. and great grandchildren.. (remember
I am old by some standards).

It also asked about what kind of job, which I put in retired RCNA.
For those who don’t know me well. That is
Registered Certified Nurses Aide…known to others as a fancy
name for bedpan handlers.. Don’t get me wrong, I am proud of
the work I did.

But on a questionnaire, it doesn’t look like much.. especially when it
has what clubs you belong to, (none) what higher education you went
to, (tech class at the local North Idaho College) but that doesn’t stack
up well either.

And then the kicker… what in your life would you like others to know about.
Well, I had a smarty answer but they don’t allow that many spaces for it.
Guess one has to have something simple to write.. So I put in, live life to the fullest.

Guess over all I am boring.. and they don’t have a room for the school of
hard knocks.. or the unusual jobs (I smashed cars for scrap iron with my
husband) and some of the other stuff.. which I wouldn’t have written about anyway.

But you know… I don’t mind.. as my life works out just fine for me.
I happen to like how it has turned out. And all the past is what
made the now of me and the future of me..
And that works out well, and life is good.

No comments: