Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Common Sense

To day being my honest work day, and
time is limited in the morning before
I go, I am going to cheat today.

I am putting up an e-mail that has
been forwarded for years. I received it
The first time when I started
e-mailing, about 9 years ago. I have
received it over the years many times.
I came across it a couple days ago,
and thought I would run it here for those
who have not seen it. In these days lately
it sure does apply. So here you are..Common
Sense.

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved
old friend, Mr. Common Sense.Mr. Sense
had been with us for many years. No one
knows for sure how old he was since his
birth records were long ago lost in
bureaucratic red tape.He will be
remembered as having cultivated such
value lessons as knowing when to come
in out of the rain, why the early bird gets
the worm and that life isn't always fair.
Common Sense lived by simple,sound
financial policies (don't spend more than
you earn) and reliable parenting strategies
(adults, not kids, are in charge).His
health began to rapidly deteriorate
when well intentioned but overbearing
regulations were set in place - reports
of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual
harassment for kissing a classmate;
teens suspended from school for using
mouthwash after lunch;and a teacher
fired for reprimanding an unruly student,
only worsened his condition.Mr. Sense
declined even further when schools were
required to get parental consent to administer
aspirin to a student; but, could not inform
the parents when a student became pregnant
and wanted to have an abortion.Finally,
Common Sense lost the will to live as the
Ten Commandments became contraband;
churches became businesses; and criminals
received better treatment than their victims.
Common Sense finally gave up the ghost
after a woman failed to realize that a steaming
cup of coffee was hot, she spilled a bit in her
lap, and was awarded a huge settlement.
Common Sense was preceded in death
by his parents, Truth and Trust,his wife,
Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility;
and his son,Reason. He is survived by two
stepbrothers; My Rights and Ima Whiner.
Not many attended his funeral because so
few realized he was gone. If you still
remember him, pass this on; if not, join
the majority and do nothing.

I could not say this better myself. I wish
I knew the author as I surely would have
sent praises for a well written e-mail.

No comments: