Friday, June 03, 2005

SLUGBUG ORANGE with Yellow stripe

I suppose every town has a car that is more noticeable than others. But it seems like they are really unusual.

Ours, the orange with a yellow stripe V.W. bug is just your usual beat up V.W. Nothing unusual about it. But it is every where. And because it does have the yellow stripe going from front to back, you know it is that V.W. As there are other orange bugs in our town.

The bug reminds me of the Timex ad, you know the part about no matter what it keeps on ticking.
I encountered it about 8 years ago. At that time I had taken or retrieved my grandson from Farmin School, I would see it zip thru the family parking line. Always full of kids.

Over the years I have seen it around town. I think they must live up Hwy. 200 past Kootenai as I see it heading to town in the morning as I walk and heading home in the evening.

Some one who drives it has worked at Safeway, at the movie theater, and several other places. I have seen it parked in the employee part of Safeway during the day. And across the street from the theater in the evenings.

I have seen a teen boy driving it with younger children, in the past year, so it looks like Orange is doing well with the next generation, as well. All though I have see Mom and Dad driving it and once saw it at the grocery store.

And of course it is the highlight of my grandson's (who is now 14) and mine game of SLUGBUG as we get double points for Orange with the yellow stripe.

No comments: