Friday, June 30, 2006

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

Parade of years ago...
1950's.....my first job Posted by Picasa

The pictures actually
is Memorial Day about
1955....Balloon Sales
Girl


Is it me? Or are the holidays
coming faster? I wasn't ready
for Easter. Mother's day was
here before I knew it..and I am
just getting over Father's day.

Now here is the 4th of July. And
it is a weekday. So are we doing
the weekend... or are we actually
going to do it on Tuesday?

I was leaving work Tuesday, and
as I said I would see her next Tuesday,
I stopped and said...no.. Wait, next
Tuesday is the 4th of July...so I will
see you Wed. this time. Is that ok?
She wished me a happy 4th and said
that is fine.

4th of July is my favorite time. My
favorite holiday. How could I not
see it coming. Well, I knew it
was coming, but not so fast.

4th of July.. Parades....
The bands playing and
marching, the Military
marching and flags waving.
The floats, the kids and
horses, and all there is
to see.

The picnics......
The potato salads,
macaroni salads, fruit
salads, hot dogs,
hamburgers, chips,
watermelon and friends
and family....

The fireworks......
The colors, the noise,
the oooh's and aaaah's.
When I was a kid the
fireworks lasted about
30 to 45 minutes. Not
the quick 15 minutes,
they have now..Sandpoint's
lasted that long the last two
years. I counted it. Especially
when I had to wait 3 hours
at the beach for them to start.

I love the 4th for all the above
reasons, but also for the main
reason why we have it. For our
freedom, justice, and the
American way. God bless all.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY
EVERYONE...

What a great holiday.

No comments: