Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Does it make a difference?

Over the weekend there was the Women’s March in Washington,Dc. As well as many cities around the US…as well as over seas.  After that or even during it.. there was a post, on Facebook. Which I agreed.. (I have it at the end of this) Several of us agreed for one reason or another..  and caught a lot of flak for agreeing with it. You can read the original below first if you would like.
Here is my view.

The thing is.. yesterday march was a feel good thing... not productive.. so that is what I had trouble with it. Like the BLACK MAN MARCH of years ago.. what did that do? Same thing that happen  tomorrow. On Monday morning everything is back at their jobs and nothing happens. pretty much no one cares enough... So what can make a difference? If those 500,000 women and men.. and the women and men who marched in each town.. took the money they paid to go to each of these.. and put it in a fund.. a national fund.. and buy themselves the best lawyers to change and challenge. To pay for the lobbyist we all know that run Congress.. and get the laws changed. THEN I WILL BE IMPRESSED.. Protest works some times when something right now just happen.. but for the long run.. it takes people to challenge the laws.. and that takes money... You take the women who showed up in Wa. DC yesterday... even if they only gave $100 (it cost them a lot more for travel and hotels) each.. times 500,000 .. well that is a pretty good start on fighting a way that works.. Add the rest of the cities people as well, they should be on their way. Otherwise it is just a feel good thing.
Don't think so.. then tell me how life has improved for the black man since theirs? better jobs? no, police don't shoot them any more, when they are laying on the ground with their hands up...no gun anywhere.. like a couple months ago? Nope.. I don't see where the march did anything for them either.

HERE IS WHAT WAS WRITTEN ON FACEBOOK
On point but author unknown...

I am not a "disgrace to women" because I don't support the women's march. I do not feel I am a "second class citizen" because I am a woman. I do not feel my voice is "not heard" because I am a woman. I do not feel I am not provided opportunities in this life or in America because I am a woman. I do not feel that I "don't have control of my body or choices" because I am a woman. I do not feel like I am " not respected or undermined" because I am a woman.
I AM a woman.
I can make my own choices.
I can speak and be heard.
I can VOTE.
I can work if I want.
I control my body.
I can defend myself.
I can defend my family.
There is nothing stopping me to do anything in this world but MYSELF.
I do not blame my circumstances or problems on anything other than my own choices or even that sometimes in life, we don't always get what we want. I take responsibility for myself.
I am a mother, a daughter, a wife, a sister, a friend. I am not held back in life but only by the walls I choose to not go over which is a personal choice.
Quit blaming.
Take responsibility.
If you want to speak, do so. But do not expect for me, a woman, to take you seriously wearing a pink va-jay-jay hat on your head and screaming profanities and bashing men.
If you have beliefs, and speak to me in a kind matter, I will listen. But do not expect for me to change my beliefs to suit yours. Respect goes both ways.
If you want to impress me, especially in regards to women, then speak on the real injustices and tragedies that affect women in foreign countries that do not that the opportunity or means to have their voices heard.
Saudi Arabia, women can't drive, no rights and must always be covered.
China and India, infanticide of baby girls.
Afghanistan, unequal education rights.
Democratic Republic of Congo, where rapes are brutal and women are left to die, or HIV infected and left to care for children alone.
Mali, where women can not escape the torture of genital mutilation.
Pakistan, in tribal areas where women are gang raped to pay for men's crime.
Guatemala, the impoverished female underclass of Guatemala faces domestic violence, rape and the second-highest rate of HIV/AIDS after sub-Saharan Africa. An epidemic of gruesome unsolved murders has left hundreds of women dead, some of their bodies left with hate messages.
And that's just a few examples.
So when women get together in AMERICA and whine they don't have equal rights and march in their clean clothes, after eating a hearty breakfast, and it's like a vacation away that they have paid for to get there...
This WOMAN does not support it.

No comments: