Monday, March 02, 2009

Bickering...

Are we mad at each other?

Sometimes I guess people can mistake
our blander. We aren't mad at each other,
just we bander back and forth in good
humor. But the outsider will wonder.

I can remember working in the barn
with my folks when they were older.
And how they would go back and forth
at each other. If I didn't know them well,
I would think they were going to duke it
out.

They never said anything bad to each other
but just what sounds like bickering back and
forth.

Well, I guess the King and I do too. I didn't
think about it one way or the other, until a
friend one time who was here for dinner, said..
if you guys are going to fight, maybe I should
go home..and she laughed.... and so did we.
But then when she came over a week later and
the remark was said again, I took it more seriously.


I told her, "you know we are joking with each
other, don't you?" And she said, well, yea, I
guess you are. I reassured her we were in fact
joking with each other, and we would never say
anything to hurt each other.

Good thing she didn't hear us putting up the
antenna this weekend. ..

Do you and your spouse, joke back and forth,
that others could take as bickering?

No comments: