Monday, March 30, 2009

My Heart still pounds with pride...

From...
O say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,

to

And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!


Those words sung, make my heart swells with
pride of my country. For all we have been thru
since that poem was written and made into a song,
to what we have yet to go thru.

So when I saw the opening of NASCAR this Sunday,
it sadden my heart to see only one in ten who put their
hand over their heart, as the flag blew in the wind.

I saw men lined up on top of a building just behind the
bleachers where the flag was flying.. Only one had his
hand on his chest. Even the drivers themselves and
their pit crew, there were only a handfull of them. And
the audience? It was hard to pick out the ones who
had their hand on their chest.

This was NASCAR..which according to those who
watch, is RED, WHITE and BLUE.. All American.

I find it sad, that this seems to becoming a lost
tradition.

No comments: