Thursday, February 21, 2008

Coordination 0...Balance 2

I am taking Tia Chi. I have one
more class to go. And I really
enjoy it.

But I have found out that I am
not coordinated. It is amazing
that I can walk and chew gum.

I always knew I wasn’t the most
graceful of dancers. And if you
get into your hands doing one thing
while the feet are doing the opposite
direction… well, let’s just say when
I do it, it isn’t pretty.

Started out pretty good. It is slow, and
I can follow it pretty well. That was
Lesson 1 thru 5. Now we are getting
Into the fancier steps. Where you take
your hands in a ball shape, swing them
out one way, while your body and feet
are suppose to be swinging the other way.

I fumble it. When she was doing the one
step and then we did the hands and body
movement, I was doing terrific. So I guess
I better practice this week hard, otherwise
I am going to look like Dumbo doing his
Waltz.

Also the AARP magazine ran a article about
Balance. Now I thought I had great balance.
I am sure footed. I can do down any mountain
side without stumbling and etc. But I can only
stand on one leg without hanging on to anything
for about 14 seconds. Suppose to be able to do
30 or more. So there is another that I have to go practice

No comments: