Wednesday, February 13, 2008

DO YOU LOVE ME, DO YA, DO YA????

DO YOU LOVE ME? DO YOU REALLY LOVE ME?
kind of like the song.

I am not really good about Valentine's day.
I see it as a commercial rip off and guilt
ridden holiday mostly against men.

How much do you love me?
Is $5 too cheap? Heck, that barely gets a
card. Flowers that triple in price. Candy
that there is hardly anyone who wants.
Too much sugar,too much calories. Maybe
diamonds? Holy Cow. Is this love or who
is the highest bidder?

And it doesn't stop with your lady or
gentleman love, now they want you to send
cards and gifts to mothers, aunt's, and even
grandmothers. To children. And what
a scarring day that is in school. Does every
one get a card? What you were left out,
well, you don't have friends. So much for
the day of love.

So what do you do? Dinner is nice.
and how about a homemade card of
words from your heart. Or even just
telling them, how much you love them
and thank you for all the things you do.
And just to your spouse or girl/boy friend.
Mother's all ready have their own day, and
so do grandmothers.

At our house, we don't do Valentine's Day.
Well, I really shouldn't say that either. Because
every day is Valentine's day, or close to it.
The King is a great guy. He makes me laugh.
He holds my hand, he walks with his arm around
my shoulder from time to time, for no reason
at all. He brings me flowers, for no reason at all.
So why do I need a day cut out from the rest, to
make him feel like he HAS TO do something?

1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

Your king should be rename Valentino :)....

Love the hand holding....

Your right about the commercial side....

Maybe one day I might get a valentine card or a kind word from somone special lmfao but I aint holding out much hope on that one LOL......

x