Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy President Day

Most people have it off...some who never have had
it off ..for some reason, have it off this year.

Where I worked, we were given an option. They
could give you President's day off or your birthday.
Sadly, but true, we all picked our birthday. So from
that day on, it was our birthday. Which was nicer
for the company as they had the day spread across
the year, instead of the money all for one day. But
in our line of work, that meant, you had to ask for
your birthday off, and got paid for it, or you got double
pay for that day. Because in nursing business, there
are not holidays for everyone. There has to have a
full crew everyday.

When I was a kid in school, like most my age, had
both days off and it was on the 12 and the 22. No
matter what day it fell on. And if it fell on the weekend,
it was oh, well, too bad. No days off.

Now we have all holidays fall on Monday's. Well, most
of them. So it means a 3 day holiday for those who are
not in a job that is a service job. Such as hospital, nursing
homes, firemen, policemen, gas stations and those who
don't believe in the holiday over commerce or there has to
be someone there to take care of the people.

So those who get to enjoy the day, hope it is sunny where
you are. It is here, and it is also cold. I am waiting for the
sun to burn off the fog, and warm it up a bit.

See the King is gone for a week... which leads to, well,
some times trouble. See I get these projects in my head,
and do them while he is gone. Some times it is happy,
when he gets home,and sees what I have done, and some
times....well, he is gracious with his disappointments.

Like coming home to an orange and white kitchen.
Which he made the comment that night of "wow it is
nice and bright. Really nice" And then in the light of the
morning, it was....."What ever possessed to you paint
it ORANGE???... I tried to tell him it wasn't orange, but
that it was tangerine... but he didn't seem to care.

The method of my madness was, that I had hoped he
would hate it enough to start our kitchen remodel, so
his first remark scared me that he liked it. But I was
grinning the next morning... except that was well over
a year ago, and it still isn't remodeled and he has
learn to live with tangerine... Oh, well..maybe this
summer.
So I am off to get into to trouble... will let you know
at the end of the week how it goes. lol

No comments: